| My new diary from Rebound Books |
and a calendar for the pin up board from here - free printable calendar
- started this blog - thought I could journal the learning journey of the kids in my classes and the things we get up to...and if anyone read it or showed interest that would be a lovely bonus! You can not imagine how exciting it is to see where you come from around the world each day!
- learnt the I.T. skills and technicalities of operating a blog - like links, uploading onto a cloud drive like Google Docs/Drive, editing photos in Picassa and Dropbox, I've played with Glogster, and Pinterest, and Edcanvas and Prezi, and scheduling posts so I didn't have to do one at the moment I wanted to publish it....
- made myself create something new every day.....OK, that exhausted me by the end of the year as you may have worked out...
- opened my teaching and personal learning to criticism and critique, through feedback via comments, email, and in person ( and thanks to all of you that have..I really appreciate it)
- tried to apply new methods to crafting and sewing in a school classroom through producing videos and activities online for students
Phew! While it's a short list I have to admit there has been a stack of high energy learning and sharing to make it all happen.
So for 2013?
- There is always something new to try, so I will continue to learn new things and share them with my students, and in turn you, dear reader.
- I would like to learn how to use an illustrator programme like Adobe, so I can really get into the fabric design side of sewing...this area may be really exciting to use with the kids!
- I know my obsession with making bags will not go away... each one is a new opportunity to create something with some originality!
- Consolidate the IT skills I have already and become much more proficient with them.
- ...and make more time to catch up with friends...I am rather bad at doing this once I start on a big project....
I do hope you can come along on the journey with me. Let me know if there is something you would like me to try out for you, or an idea of something you have seen....I'm always up for new ideas!
Happy New Year to you!